Friday, March 4, 2011

Mess-Up!

I don't know about your school, but in my school, the teachers make humorous mistakes.
I'll give you some examples.....

"You see children, in the late 1700s, a strong disease was going on. It caused people to be covered in boils and it could even kill them."
I knew what it was. Smallpox. However, my teacher thought differently:
"This disease was called CHICKENPOX. It was an epidemic in its time," she said. "Nowadays it is just a small disease," she added.
I knew that the disease was smallpox. Everyone did. I had read about Dr. Edward Jenner and his discovery of vaccines through Mary the Milkmaid. It was general knowledge that it was smallpox, not the much more weak chicken pox.
I raised by hand.
"Yes?"
"Ma'am, isn't it smallpox?"
"Of course its not. Its chickenpox, I'm sure of it."
We found out on the internet that it actually was smallpox. Sometimes us students can be smarter than teachers.

We were watching a PowerPoint on static electricity. Nearly all of us were half asleep. I was one of the people who was paying attention.
Then came a small animation about the transfer of valence electrons through friction. Half-way through, there came the message:
CHECK THE AIR FLOW.
The people in my class were well aware that this meant that the projector was over heating. My teacher sat silently for sometime, before concluding the reason why this had come.
"Children, I think the reason why this message came was because it is hard to transfer valence electrons when there is--"
We cut in:
'Ma'am, its because the projector has overheated!!!!!"
Our teacher was rather embarrassed after that, and I don't blame her.

Just remember: if you see a teacher making a mistake like this, sometimes its best to keep quiet.


1 comment:

  1. If the teacher gets angry still you can talk. As long as you tell them nicely.

    ReplyDelete