Monday, September 26, 2011

Cells

So everything was going along fine, apart from the exams going on, a irritatingly long Physics exam, and the fact that I was eye droopingly spleepy, when I heard a fifth grader say one of her friends had brought her cellphone to class.
Let me focus on that.
Cell Phone.
Fifth grader.
Does that even make sense?
I know a tenth grader (Ram) who doesn't have a cellphone.
Oh, Yeah!
Why would a fifth grader need one?
Personally, I'm in eighth grade, and I don't even want a cellphone, let alone have one. I wouldn't take a cellphone unless it was on offer with a free Xbox 360 with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary edition, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 2, Transfromers War for Cybertron, and NFS Hot Pursuit. Plus three controllers. And a Wii U. Maybe a PS3 to top it off.
I wouldn't even buy an iPhone 5 for $2, not even for the apps (even though thats probably because my family already has an iPod touch. And I didn't ask for it, either. we got it as a gift.).
You see, I don't see the reason why I would need a cell when my mom, my bro, and my dad all have them. I would only use it for gaming, anyway.
Anyone, even in my M Prakash (Pakku) class asks me immediately "What phone do you have?" They all have expensive phones like the Samsung wave (Rs. 34,000) or the Star Next (Rs. 24,000). When I say that I don't have one, they say, "So you're parents don't let you or what?" And when I say that I don't want one, there are varied replies:
1) "Yeah, right. Stop lying." And they stand there waiting for me to say that it was a big joke.
2) "Why? Are you mad?" And they stand there, waiting for me to explain my mental disease.
3) "No way." And they act like I dropped a bombshell, before walking away to talk with someone else.
I'm lucky enough not to freak someone out of their wits with my logic.
You tell me. Should fifth graders have phones? Should eight graders have iPhones or BlackBerries? Comment!

Let me go through that order again......


3 comments:

  1. Personal Opinions, I guess...
    I personally want a Samsung Galaxy S II (I have good taste), but since that ain't gonna happen any time soon, I think my SE K750i will have to do for now. Got enough features to keep me satisfied for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, obviously everyone would want a galaxy s (except for me), but what I'm wondering is why parents give their children phones when they are only 9 or 10 years old. To me, atleast, that doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok see... in our school most of the children have parents who both work... and so their parents bought them a phone.. they bring it to school on days when their parents both wont be at home... but yeah fifth graders shouldnt get awesome phones that they cant handle...

    ReplyDelete