Friday, March 25, 2011

The Kidnap (still continued)

The third chapter:

Now back to the story.
                …..As I was saying, we fell in as neatly as Neat Sue keeps her books. We fell into superior quality leather sofas with recliners, cup holders, and sophisticated buttons that I couldn’t decipher. Some were written in a completely foreign language while others had weird signs on them. I looked around, noting in my brain that this ship, wherever it was from, was something that appeared as if it had popped out of Star Trek when someone was watching it. There was a highly polished silver stereo player that had huge speakers and had a certain formation of substances in it that provided utmost clarity. These substances were also found in the player I made. The buttons seemed to glow with an LED backlight, providing great visibility even when it was dark.
Besides that, there was a black 3D plasma television screen a few feet in front of me, with a slot to push in DVDs. There were miniature speakers to provide at least some means to hear what was going on. I examined the bright blue buttons on the arm of the sofa. Most likely they were to adjust the sofa’s position and angle. I pressed a button that seemed to be in the shape of a circle. Slowly at first, the sofa began to rotate, until it began to spin so fast that I feared it would launch up into the air like a helicopter. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I thought a saw a human falling into the ship.
Maybe it is someone who has come to save me, I thought. With a thump he or she fell into the sofa behind me and I found myself staring into the face of Jen.
   I raised one eyebrow.
                “Uh, Jen, what are you doing here?’
                “What are you doing here?” she retorted angrily.
                “Don’t know.”
                She turned away.
                With a loud THUMP, the Blue Alien dropped into the seat next to me. Too engrossed in the awesomeness of the ship, I hadn’t noticed he wasn’t there before.
                I cautiously pressed a button. It blinked five times, then a shelf with freshly baked popcorn shot out. The alien grabbed it, devoured the popcorn, threw the bag out the window, and maliciously grinned at me.
                I was too bewildered to notice. He was the one littering around the place. He moved the gear and pushed the accelerator to full throttle. I fainted.
­­­­­­­­­­­­                Now leaving the main storyline again. If you ever watched SPACE CHIMPS, you’d know that an animal can only resist a certain speed until it blacks out. Which is exactly what happened to me.
                By the time I woke up, we were out of the crazily-awesome-ship-that-can-fly-super-fast-like-at-the-speed-of-light ship and into the enourmous-castle-with-large-pillars-made-out-of-crystal-and-looks-magnificent-and-I-wish-I-could-have-it place.
                The huge pillars loomed over me and so did the monster. Jen was behind me and her face was solemn. I bumped into a large door with a number code on one side and it said “Heerkroth’s” on it. I recalled it on the beast’s back.
                I took a step back, and inspected the environment. The crystal pillars were lavishly decorated with rubies and emeralds. The top of the pillars were a light blue, which merged into a dark green that then mixed into a blood red colour. It was an outstanding sight. The pillars were neither opaque, nor translucent, but somewhere in between where only a few bands of light managed to pass through, illuminating the interior of the pillar and the hallway.
                I was rudely yanked forward by Jen into a large hallway, and a richly dressed king at the end.
                My captor spoke quickly in whatever language he spoke, and the king eyed us.
                “So, you are the ‘umans, eh?” he said.
                I was about to reply to him that we were not humans, but Jen jabbed me in my ribs so hard that it took all my concentration not to yelp out with pain.
                “These are ‘umans, ain’t they?” he asked my captor as if I didn’t exist.
                Ain’t they? Something in my head said, Tell him he should get English lessons.
The sensible part of my brain decided not to.
“What are the plans of the ‘umans?”
We both remained quiet. Not that we knew, anyway.
“ANSWER ME!!”
Nothing.
“Very well then. Guards, take them to the jail.”
Two burly aliens grabbed our arms, and jerked us forward, down, making us walk hundreds of steps.
Down, down, down, the concept made me dizzy.
We more or less reached the bottom after about two hours, and just when we were tired, flung into a cell. The guards left us.
The next day, the king, or the Exalted One as they called him, ordered us to come. So we went up and up and up. When we managed to reach the top, our knees were wobbling and we were sweating. He inquired us a few more times. This continued for several weeks.
I chewed on the tasteless, white, mashed food they gave us daily. There was only one positive point about these trips up and down. I was getting stronger. I wondered if this was the way guards trained. To try to cheer myself up, I thought about what was happening at home.
My mom is rushing around frantically, searching for Jen(more importantly) and me(less importantly). My dad already organized a search party that is to begin searching from tomorrow. The policemen are searching all over the planet for us, but return daily to the house with negative results. It’s on the headlines: THE CHILDREN OF WHITES MISSING on the first day, then THE CHILDREN OF WHITES MISSING FOR 24 HOURS, etc.
That didn’t cheer me up. I was thinking longingly of the secure house, that, though boring, had always pleased me.
In the morning, the king didn’t call us. In fact, he came down. Huffing and puffing, his face was drenched with sweat, and there were three people beside him: my captor and two people who seemed to be holding some sort of device like an X-ray.
The two came up to us with the machines and did a full body scan. Jen and I sat there, ever silent.
The aliens muttered to each other, then announced to the king something that made his blue face purple with anger.
“You are not ‘umans are you?!” he asked in a non-questioning way.
Uh-oh.
He yelled something at my captor so loud that it almost equaled my mother.
“Throw them in the kataki!!!” he yelled. My captor’s face turned pale with fear.
My head was pulled and it hit the wall with a sickening crash. Not again…. I thought, and blacked out.
My captor was standing beside me.
“He’s alive,” he breathed. He helped me up.
“My name is Esgaroth. Pleased to meet you.”
“My name is Ben. Ben White.”
I sat up to see Jen crying silently. Then I realized that I didn’t know the landscape.
“Where in the world are we?”
“It is called kataki, Nuuk. The ‘barren land’.”

No comments:

Post a Comment